What should you do if you receive your cargoes in a damage/loss condition?
- Contact your insurance company if your cargo is insured and carrier and/or carrier?s agent immediately to arrange for a joint survey.
- You are advised to cease unstuffing operations if damages/loss are found and await instructions from the attending PIL?s and/or PIL agent?s surveyor.
- Notice of damage/loss has to be lodged within three days upon taking delivery of the container, see Bill of Lading Clause 9.
Documentations Required for Claims Submission
You are advised to forward the following requisite documents in order for us to process and review your claims further:
- Copy of PIL's Bill of Ladings and/or seaway bill (front and back)
- Claims Statement showing detailed calculation of claims.
- Survey report with coloured photos
- Original cargo invoice(s)
- Packing List(s)
- Customs declaration
- Export/Import declaration
- Disposal Certificate(s)
- Salvage Invoice(s)
Please submit your fully documented claims to the respective PIL's agents whom would direct your claims to PIL's Headquarters for further processing.